[dev] coding week 01

xname root at xname.cc
Tue Jan 13 14:23:05 CET 2009

hello everybody,

and a happy 2009.

this first mail of the year is to announce a few improvements:

- the first coding week rush took place in the netherlands/belgium,
between amsterdam/kanne and maastricht, during the cold cold days.

- when the moon was full, the first draft of the code was ready to be
frozen for a week.

- you can read a quick summary of the development here:
http://imaginaryproperty.com/node/83

- many thanks to megabug who followed me step by step during this one week
long adventure. without his help this rush dev wouldn't have been
possible.

- soon online the recordings of our developing sessions, entitled:
"Conversations between and artist and an engineer" ;P

- thanks to jan van eyck academy for supporting this work, and in the
specific the design department which made possible this developing week.

- here you can read the first prototype of the metadata sets:
http://virtualentity.org/docu#toc5

- these are the prototype files i am using to initiate the first pool:
http://virtualentity.org/downloads/prototype_files_ve_01.zip

- soon online the alpha version of the virtual entity, 'codename zeljko'.

- you will be able to browse our git tree asap.

- tomorrow i will present for the very first time the results of this work
at jan van eyck academy in maastricht, during the opening week.
the door is open for anyone to attend, i will start around 12.15.
http://janvaneyck.nl

that's it for now,

keep tuned,

xname

--
E119 0FFE 447F DA7F DCE9  A703 36F6 AC68 [6DD4 2D4C]