[Dev] withoutatraceroute blogging in ve

xname root at xname.cc
Tue Nov 25 00:38:36 CET 2008

hello, i just found a review of the ve workshop at haip
i think this is that nice guy wearing the obama t-shirt ;p

http://www.withoutatraceroute.com/2008/11/haip-day-2/

"... it’s kind of a cool idea, and there are a lot of problems with
current metadata systems. But it seemed more like a thought-experiment
than a real project to me; I don’t think she understood just how freaking
impossible her system would be to implement. For it to really work the way
she imagined, you’d either have to add network-aware code to every
content-authoring and editing program in the world, or somehow convince
people to go to your website and manually update data all the time. Not to
mention the requirement for it to be decentralized would require a whole
bunch of different servers, or some sort of peer-to-peer component on
people’s computers. Even currently popular metadata systems are a mess of
different, incompatible formats, so I don’t see how you’d get people to
standardize on yours..."

xname*

--
E119 0FFE 447F DA7F DCE9  A703 36F6 AC68 [6DD4 2D4C]